Max 2200 & 1500 | Competitively Priced Commercial Sliding Gate Operator
With a gate opening capacity of 2200 and 1500lbs, assortment of security and safety features, and competitive pricing, the Max 2200 and 1500 sliding gate operators are perfect for high-traffic commercial areas. These gate operators are modular and built to provide easy access for any necessary servicing. Additionally, the Max 2200 and 1500 work with existing installations and are easily secured atop the concrete pads of most gates entryways, making for an easier and more convenient setup process.
Max 2200 & 1500 Mechanical Specifications
- Max 2200 & Max 1500 dimensions (18.3”W x 24.5” D x 21.3” H) 18.5” arm height
- Heavy duty direct drive gear box 30:1 Size 60 for Max 2200; Size 50 for Max 1500 with constant lubrication using special gear oil
- Max 2200 capacity 2200lbs /60ft long gate speed
- Max 1500 capacity 1500lbs /50ft long gate speed
- 12 inch per second direct drive (no belts, or pulleys) with selectable speed control
- Electrical manual gate release functions via built-in jog switch with optional chain drop device
- Gold zinc corrosion protection
- Shipping weight of Max Slide Gate Operators: 2200 (158 lbs), 1500 (152 lbs)
- Continuous Cycle at extreme temperature range. No overheating possibility
- Intelligent ramp-up and ramp-down gate speed control for smooth operation
- Easy access control panel door for service
- Each Max 2200 & Max 1500 includes a 25ft #40 nickel plated chain (Dual package includes 2 x 25ft #40 nickel plated chain)
Max 2200 & 1500 Security Specifications
- High traffic intuitive loop managements system for better security
- Advanced security features with built-in audible and remote alarms
- Magnetic lock control relay outputs with selectable delay times
- Tamper alert relay outputs triggered “on” if there is an unauthorized chain drop
- Audible alarm if gate is tampered with or ERD is triggered for higher security
- Gate partial open recorder. Programmable inputs allow partial open cycles (13 or greater gate openings) for high traffic gates while providing complete
- open cycles for emergency vehicles
- Lockable cover with key lock release to prevent intruders and vandals
- Gate disable feature disables all inputs with exception of the fire department input for higher security
- Built-in transaction buffer for higher security
- Gate status outputs for gate monitoring
- Direct motor control of jog OPEN/CLOSE for manually moving a gate in case of emergency
- Advanced anti-tailgate features to provide higher security
- No need for magnetic lock with the direct drive and magnetic dynamic brake system
- Built-in chain drop sensor detects unauthorized chain dropping
- Gate push back protection for higher security using 30:1 gear reducer and dynamic brake system makes unauthorized entry impossible and maglocks unneccessary
Max 2200 & 1500 Safety Specifications
- Adaptive obstruction sensor for much better gate safety system. 16 selectable sensitivity settings
- Built-in UL buzzer reset
- UL 325/991 compliant Class I, II, III, and IV. CSA approved
- Magnetic dynamic brake system stops the gate immediately to prevent damage to obstructions.
- Built-in advanced entrapment protection and alarm output
- Built-in gate-in-motion alarm for industrial applications
What are some of the mechanical specifications for Max 2200 and 1500?
The Max 2200 and 1500 are built with durability in mind, featuring gold zinc-treated steel chasses, as well as cold-rolled steel frames. And, thanks to the high-speed ball bearing and synthetic oil baths, you won’t need to worry about the gear reducer struggling under extreme temperatures. Other notable mechanical specifications include:
- Robust form factor (18.3”W x 24.5”D x 21.3”H) and 18.5” arm height
- Maximum gate capacities of 2200lbs/60ft long and 1500lbs/50ft long, respectively
- 12” per second direct drive with selectable speed control, eliminating the hassle of belts or pulleys
- Electrical manual gate release functions with optional chain drop device
How customizable are the security features for these gate operators?
The large selection of built-in and mechanical security features inherent to Max 2200 and 1500 operators allow you to decide on the level of security that’s right for your installation. Select the delay times for magnetic lock control relay outputs, monitor traffic with a built-in transaction buffer, or utilize several built-in and remote alarms. The gate partial open recorder even allows for programmable inputs, giving you the ability to decide between 13 or greater gate opening cycles.
What’s the benefit of a “direct gear drive” sliding gate operator?
Direct gear drive operators are beneficial because they provide dependable mechanical operation, cut down on potential service costs, and allow for more precise sensing technology in order to protect against obstruction. By contrast, operators which utilize pulleys, belts, or chains are more prone to gate jams and less capable of precise reactions to impacts or obstructions.